” STAKEHOLDERS ENGAGEMENT “
Identification of Stakeholders and Impacts
The Corporate Sustainability Promotion Committee reviews impacts in the process throughout the entire value chain once per year to identify stakeholders and significant issues through processes to identify work hazards and environmental impact assessment from work and products in a life cycle manner using participatory evaluation methods involving employees at all levels.
In addition to the internal evaluation of the organization, the Company has also created a forum for discussion in which communities can meet QTC once annually to hear out recommendations. Furthermore, the Company gives consideration to proposals from stakeholders through other channels such as general meetings of shareholders, expressions of opinion on webpages, etc., in order to use information in order to identify sustainability issues and specify stakeholders with the organization using criteria for considering all stakeholders in the QTC value chain (Disclosure 102-9, 102-21).
Once stakeholders and their issues of interest have been identified in addition to their expectations, the Company will consider specifying communication and response methods in meeting the expectations of all groups of stakeholders.
Working with Stakeholders
” STRATEGIES FOR SUSTAINABLE “
Main Strategies for Sustainable Development
With the organization’s vision to be a “world-class” leader and the corporate culture emphasizing “quality of details”, combined with sustainable development policies, the Company has set in place its main strategies for conducting business through risk management and impact assessment for stakeholders in all areas. Furthermore, indicators have been set for monitoring and evaluating economic, social and environmental work effectiveness leading to the objective of extensive implementation by executives and employees under QTC’s sustainability equation of Quality + Responsibility = Sustainability”. And because the Company recognizes people as the most important resource in driving the organization toward the goal of becoming a world class Company, the Company specified behaviors that should be expressed by all QTC employees to create the same basic work culture in the following four areas and eight behaviors:
Based on the basic work culture specified by the Company, activities were organized to support strict compliance in each area in order to support main sustainable development strategies with performance reports made separately in the corporate governance, economic, social and environmental aspects.
Increase Competitive Potential with “Quality” + “Responsible” Products and Services
This is a main strategy carried out by the Company on a continual basis. The Company sets business growth goals by creating sustainable value for stakeholders, innovations in processes and products to create competitive advantages while developing major trading partners for quality and punctual delivery and use of the following instruments
- Internal procedure development by using Total Quality Management (TQM) was carried out for the sixth consecutive year.
- Support of innovations to improve goods, services and internal processes through research and development and KAIZEN proposals at the employee level created ideas and actions on new topics and created changes at the personal level. In 2019, the Company generated income from new innovation products and the Company has over 500 applicable KAIZEN results from employees, which benefited employees and the Company.
- Develop major trading partners. Because most of QTC’s trading partners are SMEs, manufacturing capacity development has many limitations. Therefore, the Company needs to reinforce technical skills and methods and learn along with recommending accurate work guidelines based on ethics and practice guidelines for QTC’s trading partners in order to enable delivery of materials on time with quality meeting the Company’s specifications and to enable trading partners to improve capabilities, grow and gain security. The Company’s goal is one trading partner per year.
- The Company became a distributor of equipment related to electricity and energy consisting of BUSDUCT from Dynamic Electrical SDN BHD, Malaysia, under the DE BUSDUCT brand, and solar inverters from Huawei Technologies (Thailand) under the Huawei brand.
Expand the Business to Other Investments to Increase Income and Build Financial Strength
The Company has strategic plans to build security or the organization by expanding investments in energy businesses or other businesses with responsibility to society and the environment with a focus on cost-effective longterm returns for the organization and stakeholders in order to increase income and build financial strength. The Company specified risk analysis processes and prepared risk management plans according to standards.
In 2019, the management team and QTC Global Power Co., Ltd. studied projects to invest in hydroelectric power plants, solar power plants and biomass power plants, but no project was found to have returns meeting the Company’s standards.
Create a Sustainable Green Culture
This is another major strategy that has driven the organization continually for a long time with awareness of the importance of the environment influencing living conditions of generations after generations. Therefore, the Company recognizes the opportunity to modify procedures and products to improve the levels of employees’ thoughts and actions in yielding the results most capable of reducing environmental impacts. The Company performed the following actions to build sustainability:
- ISO14001 environmental management standards and ISO50001 energy management standards were applied to be consistent with the organization’s contexts and continual development.
- The Company manages waste and disused materials from production by not sending 100 percent of waste to landfills (Zero to Landfill).
- The Company promotes conservation behaviors by supporting reduction and not using disposable plastic along with encouraging KAIZEN in the area of the environment and energy.
CSR in Process
Strengthen Safety Culture in the Organization
Safety for the lives and property of employees and the Company are significant risks for the Company and stakeholders. The Company continually promotes creating safety culture by applying the OHSAS18001 safety management system for consistent use with internal processes. In 2019, the Company began to apply ISO450001 standards to replace OHSAS118001 in 2020. In addition, the Company spends a large budget to procure personal protective equipment, modify instruments, machines, work processes, work environments, provide training, education and improve KAIZEN safety skills including organizing work safety promoting activities for employees to create awareness and avoid situations which may create accidents. The Company’s goal is to have zero accidents.
Make Good People, Develop Smart People
The Company has set the organization’s core competency based on corporate developmental guidelines and vision for use in setting the qualifications required for all people inside the organization as a foundation. Furthermore, capabilities for each work position have been set clearly to provide guidelines for developing employee work skills. Additionally, courses have been created for emotional and behavioral development in addition to strict enforcement of rules, regulations requirements and relevant laws to turn these people into capable workers and good people in society to create valuable work and coexist happily.
Creating Work Life Balance
The Company is well aware that happy employees in work and personal lives promote good living and good health, which influence and play a part in achieving success, security and career advancement for employees, the organization and society. Therefore, the Company has created work mechanisms to achieve work – life balance for people within the organization with the main objective of creating sustainable happiness and sharing happiness with society in general. Examples of projects and activities that promote work – life balance are the Happy Money Project, the Happy Body Project, the Quit Drinking, Smoking, Get Healthy and Save Project and the Build Warm and Happy Families for Corporate Workers Project.
CSR after Process
Building Trust in Stakeholders
The Company treats stakeholders fairly and adheres to good governance principles while paying attention to potential impacts from its processes by adhering to the following practices:
- Listening to the opinions of stakeholders inside and outside the organization through meetings, the Safety Committee, the Welfare Committee, community discussions and annual meetings with QTC, comments and suggestion boxes, etc. for application to the creation of mutual benefits
- Promoting indirect social investments with allies operating in businesses for society.
- Supporting community products (in the Company’s interests).
- Participating with communities in different areas of development for public benefit according to the organization’s expertise and ability.
- Disclosing information about practices, business activities, environmental management, human resources development, etc. transparently and verifiably through its annual reports, sustainability reports, discussion forums, websites, etc.
© 2021 QTC ENERGY All rights reserved.